Work nEXT summer on garden island!
We have openings for summer 2019 for positions with our hospitality and grounds crew on Garden Island (just south of Burlington, VT on Lake Champlain)! In this role, you will assist in the daily operations of a resort that runs vacation cabin rentals.
The position would run from early June to Labor Day (opportunities to work through September, but not required).
Submit resumes to Rentals@GardenIslandVT.com
This role includes...
1. Pre-Season Set up: Opening cabins; setting up docks, rafts, moorings and boats and preparing island for guests.
2. During the summer season: Transporting guests on and off the island via the island ferry (10 person pontoon boat); Helping guests move in and out of their cabins; Assisting guests when needed with island activities: setting up row boats, canoes, sail boats, moorings. General building and grounds maintenance: mowing lawns, cleaning beach, maintaining nature paths and fences, repairs and painting. As well as additional responsibilities for maintaining property and enjoying guest happiness!
3. End of summer season: Winterizing houses at the end of the season; Pulling docks, boats and moorings out of water; Preparing island for winter.
4. This position requires work on most/all Saturdays throughout the summer. There will be some “on call” nights throughout the summer.
5. The position pays $10.50/hour + tips with a possible end of summer bonus for exceptional work throughout the season. Summer housing is available for the right candidate.
The right candidate has some of this experience...
1. Operating Boats: Vermont requires a VT boating license which can be acquired online if needed.
2. Operating maintenance equipment: ride on tractors, weed whackers, chainsaws and basic carpentry skills.
3. Working in a hospitality environment as the guest experience is our #1 priority!